- Northwest EMS breaks ground on new Manheim facility
- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
Richard Thompson 93, WWII Army veteran
Richard C. Thompson, 93, died Monday, July 30, 2012 at Moravian Manor, Lititz.
Born in Homer, Ohio in 1919, he was the son of the late Charles Sherman and Nellie Rowe Thompson. He was married to the late Harriett Breidau Thompson, who passed away in 1993.
Richard served in the U.S. Army Military Police during WWII and married Harriett in 1945. He worked for the Transcontinental Gas Pipeline Corporation for 31 years, in Chester and York Counties, and retired as a superintendent in 1983. Prior to retirement, he and Harriett moved to Lancaster County, living in Buck and later, Lititz.
Richard is survived by two sons: Donald, husband of Emma Thompson of Severn, Md., and David, husband of Lynn Matthews of West Grove, Pa.; a daughter, Dena Mitchell of Lititz; and six grandchildren: Courtney, Jennifer, Jonathan and Michelle Thompson, and Lindsey and Casey Mitchell.
He was preceded in death by a brother, Charles Robert Thompson.
Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend Richard’s Memorial Service on Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 2 p.m. at The Groffs Family Funeral and Cremation Services, Inc., 528 W. Orange St. (corner of Orange and Pine). Private family interment will follow.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Wounded Warrior Project at woundedwarriorproject.org.
Online condolences may be posted to thegroffs.com.