- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Richard O. Landis 88, farmer, Lititz COB member, Manheim Auto auction worker
Richard O. Landis, 88, of Lititz, passed away Saturday, Oct. 6, 2012 at Landis Homes. Born in Lititz, he was the son of the late Rudy and Ada Oberholtzer Landis and the husband of the late Ella Mae Hoover Landis.
Richard was a member of the Lititz Church of the Brethren, Manheim Lodge #587 F.& A.M., Reading Consistory, Rajah Shrine in Reading, A.A.C.A and the Antique Tractor Club of Lebanon Valley. Dick farmed until age 30 and then worked at Quaker State Metal, Fabral and the Manheim Auto Auction.
He is survived by sons: Larry E., husband of Donna Landis, of Marietta, Ga.; Richard L., husband of Carol Landis, of Manheim; five grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and sisters: Mildred, wife of Alvin Smoker, of Intercourse; Ella Mae, wife of David Heintzelman, of Pennsville, N.J.; and Lorraine, wife of Roy Parmer, of Lancaster.
He was preceded in death by a sister: Beatrice Patches; and brother: Robert Landis.
Funeral services were held Oct. 10 at the Richard H. Heisey Funeral Home, Lititz. Masonic Services were conducted by Manheim Lodge #587 F.& A.M. Burial took place in Longeneckers Brethren Cemetery, Lititz.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in his memory to Hospice & Community Care, P. O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To send online condolences, visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.