- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Richard M. Heagy86, owner of meat/cheese supplier
Richard M. Heagy, 86, of Manheim, died Friday night, March 23, 2012 at the Mennonite Home.
Born in Penryn, he was the son of the late Allen and Nora Minnich Heagy. Richard was married to Nancy McClenaghan Heagy for 33 years. He was preceded in death by his first wife, Evelyn Good Heagy.
Mr. Heagy was the founder and owner of Richard M. Heagy Inc. for 59 years. He sold smoked meats and cheese in Lancaster and surrounding counties.
He always enjoyed golfing, traveling and especially his business.
Surviving besides his wife are three sons: Daryl, husband of Grace Heagy, of East Petersburg; Barry, husband of Ginger Heagy, of Manheim; Darien, husband of Nancy Heagy, of Manheim; two stepsons: Brian, husband of Cindy Urban, of Lititz, Craig, husband of Charlene Urban, of Lancaster; 17 grandchildren; nine great- grandchildren; a sister: Esther Hartman; a brother: Donald, husband of Sally Heagy; and a stepbrother: Hiram Royer.
He was preceded in death by two sisters: Dorothy Mulligan and Mildred Carter; a brother: Elwood Heagy; and a stepsister: Maybell Kettering.
The family wishes to thank the staff of the Mennonite Home for the good care that was given to Richard.
A memorial service was held at the Charles F. Snyder Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz, March 28, with the Rev. Marvin Reich officiating. Interment was private.
Kindly omit flowers. Contributions may be made in Richard’s memory to Grace Baptist Church, 1899 Marietta Ave., Lancaster, PA 17603 or The Mennonite Home, 1520 Harrisburg Pike, Lancaster, PA 17601.
To send online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.