- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Second Friday the 13th
Richard K. Sexton64, Penn Veterinary Supply owner, karate enthusiast
Richard K. Sexton, 64, of Lititz, passed away at his residence Thursday, Aug. 4, 2011.
He was the husband of Regina Petzoldt Sexton, with whom he would have celebrated 40 years of marriage this coming Sept. 10. Born in Ludwigsburg, Germany, he was the son of Richard Krust of Germany and Lore Schneller Sexton of Trenton, N.J.
Richard had been the owner of Penn Veterinary Supply Inc., of Leola, establishing the company in 1981. He enjoyed reading and writing, hiking and loved the outdoors. As a young man, he studied karate, earning a fourth degree black belt.
Richard was a U.S. Army veteran, serving as a private in Germany during the Vietnam War.
In addition to his wife and parents, he is survived by his two sons: Richard J., husband of Jennifer Sexton, of Lancaster; and Michael A., husband of Stella Sexton, of Lititz; and by his three grandsons: Karl, Grant and Arno.
A memorial service will be held on Aug. 20 at 11 a.m. at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Lancaster, 538 West Chestnut St., Lancaster. In lieu of flowers, kindly make contributions in his memory to ALS Association, Greater Philadelphia Chapter, 500 Office Center Drive, Suite 340, Fort Washington, PA 19034.
To send an online condolence, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.