- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Richard K. Sexton64, Penn Veterinary Supply owner, karate enthusiast
Richard K. Sexton, 64, of Lititz, passed away at his residence Thursday, Aug. 4, 2011.
He was the husband of Regina Petzoldt Sexton, with whom he would have celebrated 40 years of marriage this coming Sept. 10. Born in Ludwigsburg, Germany, he was the son of Richard Krust of Germany and Lore Schneller Sexton of Trenton, N.J.
Richard had been the owner of Penn Veterinary Supply Inc., of Leola, establishing the company in 1981. He enjoyed reading and writing, hiking and loved the outdoors. As a young man, he studied karate, earning a fourth degree black belt.
Richard was a U.S. Army veteran, serving as a private in Germany during the Vietnam War.
In addition to his wife and parents, he is survived by his two sons: Richard J., husband of Jennifer Sexton, of Lancaster; and Michael A., husband of Stella Sexton, of Lititz; and by his three grandsons: Karl, Grant and Arno.
A memorial service will be held on Aug. 20 at 11 a.m. at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Lancaster, 538 West Chestnut St., Lancaster. In lieu of flowers, kindly make contributions in his memory to ALS Association, Greater Philadelphia Chapter, 500 Office Center Drive, Suite 340, Fort Washington, PA 19034.
To send an online condolence, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.