- Northwest EMS breaks ground on new Manheim facility
- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
Richard K. Sexton64, Penn Veterinary Supply owner, karate enthusiast
Richard K. Sexton, 64, of Lititz, passed away at his residence Thursday, Aug. 4, 2011.
He was the husband of Regina Petzoldt Sexton, with whom he would have celebrated 40 years of marriage this coming Sept. 10. Born in Ludwigsburg, Germany, he was the son of Richard Krust of Germany and Lore Schneller Sexton of Trenton, N.J.
Richard had been the owner of Penn Veterinary Supply Inc., of Leola, establishing the company in 1981. He enjoyed reading and writing, hiking and loved the outdoors. As a young man, he studied karate, earning a fourth degree black belt.
Richard was a U.S. Army veteran, serving as a private in Germany during the Vietnam War.
In addition to his wife and parents, he is survived by his two sons: Richard J., husband of Jennifer Sexton, of Lancaster; and Michael A., husband of Stella Sexton, of Lititz; and by his three grandsons: Karl, Grant and Arno.
A memorial service will be held on Aug. 20 at 11 a.m. at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Lancaster, 538 West Chestnut St., Lancaster. In lieu of flowers, kindly make contributions in his memory to ALS Association, Greater Philadelphia Chapter, 500 Office Center Drive, Suite 340, Fort Washington, PA 19034.
To send an online condolence, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.