- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Richard ‘Dick’ B. Hurst
73, served on Board of Directors for National Wrestling Hall of Fame
Richard "Dick" B. Hurst, 73, of West County Road, Wapwallopen, died Tuesday, Dec. 17, 2013, at the Berwick Hospital Center.
Born August 1, 1940 in Clay Township, he was the son of the late Titus and Ruth (Breitigan) Hurst.
A graduate of Manheim Central High School, class of 1958, he was employed by World Book Education Products as a branch manager and was currently employed by the Berwick Offray.
Dick was a member of Emmanuel Bible Chapel. An avid Penn State football and wrestling fan, he also loved hunting, golfing and wrestling, and served on the Board of Directors of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame and was former President of Wyoming Valley Wrestling Association. Dick enjoyed every day and loved being around people. His family and friends will fondly remember him as the world’s best story teller, as well as his gift for always offering an encouraging word.
Preceding him in death were his brother, Robert Hurst, and his sister, Dorothy Heagy.
Surviving are his wife of 52 years, the former Phyllis M. Hershey; his son: Randy Hurst and his wife, Jessica, of Benton; three daughters: Sharon, wife of Greg Harnish of Lititz; Lori, wife of Alan Borys of Conestoga and Michelle, wife of Michael Caladie of Hobbie; eight grandchildren: Lauren, Derrick, Joseph, Matthew, Elise, Mitchell, Kelsey, and Kaitlyn and his sister: Betty, wife of Earl Zimmerman of Millersville.
A service was held Dec. 21 at Emmanuel Bible Chapel, Kachinka Hollow Road, Berwick, with the Rev. David Ney, associate pastor, officiating.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Emmanuel Bible Chapel, 20 Kachinka Hollow Road, Berwick, PA 18603. The family will provide the flowers.
For additional information or to send online condolences, visit mayofh.com.