- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Richard Christ Long, 80, Lititz born, truck driver, recently celebrated 50th wedding anniversary
Richard Christ Long, 80, formerly of Akron, passed away Wednesday, May 7, 2014, at Fairmount Homes Retirement Community.
He was born in Lititz to the late Cyrus and Helen (Christ) Long and was the husband of Dolores (Wenrich) Long with whom he celebrated 50 years of marriage on September 14, 2013.
During his working years, he drove truck for Kurtz Brothers for 41 years. He enjoyed spending time with his family and working around the house.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by a son: Douglas Long of Brownstown; a daughter: Kimberly, wife of Michael Launi of Schoeneck; two grandchildren: Danielle Goshert, fiancé of Joshua Dietrich and Shaun Goshert; two great- grandchildren: Gavyn and Jordynn; a brother: Roy, husband of Marcy Long of Bainbridge; three sisters: Ruth Ruth of Lititz, Esther, wife of Joseph Zerphey of Lititz, Naomi, wife of Kevin McCurdy of Elizabethtown.
In addition to his parents; he is preceded in death by a brother: Cyrus Long Jr.
Services were held May 12 at Mohler Church of the Brethren, Ephrata, with Pastor Carl Brubaker officiating. Interment was in the Memory Gardens Memorial Cemetery.
If desired, memorial contributions in Richard’s memory may be made to the Mohler Church of the Brethren, 21 E. Mohler Church Road, Ephrata, PA 17522.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.