- Taste of the Town – March 5, 2014 Edition
- Slideshow – Snowstorm Pax
- 1944: Ralph Spacht donates Advertisements from 1944 building for community center
- Showcase of Homes
- Record Express undergoes most significant redesign in more than 75 years
- This ice is nice
- Crepes Recipe from the Sugar Arts Institute
- Snowy weather leads to accident
- Fire Co. needs help clearing hydrants
Richard C. Miller, Sr. 79, Elizabeth Twp. native, avid sportsman
Richard C. Miller, Sr., 79, of Lititz, died Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at his residence.
He was born in Elizabeth Township Oct. 7, 1936, a son of the late Orville W. Miller, Sr. and Bertha Smith Miller.
He was employed as a molder for the former W.A. Miller & Sons in Lititz. Richard was baptized in his younger years at Ruhl’s United Methodist Church of Manheim. He was a member of the Adamstown Rod & Gun Club. He loved hunting, fishing, playing Santa Claus and spending time with his family.
He is survived by common-law wife: Margaret L. Heist; children: Julia Hess and husband Michael of Lancaster; Richard Miller, Jr. of Lancaster; Terry Lee Heist of South Carolina; Brian Scott Heist and fiancÃ©e Lori Beck of Lititz; Penny Lynn Bender and husband Bob of Perryville, Md.; Ronald Etzweiler of Lebanon; numerous grandchildren and great-grandchildren; brothers: Orville Miller and Troy Bender, both of Lititz; and sister: Alma Miller of Manheim. He was preceded in death by sons: Tommie Lee Heist and Ronald Eugene Heist.
Funeral services were held March 17 at Ruhl’s United Methodist Church. Interment was in the adjoining church cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the American Heart Association, 610 Community Way, Lancaster, PA 17603.