- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Richard A. Hartman
71, insurance agent and realtor,
Lancaster Liederkranz member
Richard A. Hartman, 71, of Lititz, passed away Thursday, Oct. 31, at Lancaster General Health.
Born in Reading, he was the son of the late Dr. Henry R. Hartman and Gladys Rottmund Matz. He was a graduate of McCaskey High School and Franklin & Marshall College.
He was general manager of the former Gladell Shops in Elizabethtown, Middletown and Lititz and worked as an insurance agent and realtor. He was a member of St. Peter’s Lutheran Church in Lancaster and the Lancaster Liederkranz, where he sang in the chorus and Hobby Chor. He enjoyed reading and playing the piano.
He is survived by his wife: Sandra; brother: Henry and his wife Marion; sisters: Claudia and Lisa; stepfather: Kenneth and his wife Patricia; uncle Frederic and his son Frederic, son Ronald and his wife Michele, grandchildren: Olivia and Aaron and nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his brother, Frederic.
There will be no public viewing. Private funeral arrangements will be arranged at the convenience of the family.