- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Richard A. Hartman
71, insurance agent and realtor,
Lancaster Liederkranz member
Richard A. Hartman, 71, of Lititz, passed away Thursday, Oct. 31, at Lancaster General Health.
Born in Reading, he was the son of the late Dr. Henry R. Hartman and Gladys Rottmund Matz. He was a graduate of McCaskey High School and Franklin & Marshall College.
He was general manager of the former Gladell Shops in Elizabethtown, Middletown and Lititz and worked as an insurance agent and realtor. He was a member of St. Peter’s Lutheran Church in Lancaster and the Lancaster Liederkranz, where he sang in the chorus and Hobby Chor. He enjoyed reading and playing the piano.
He is survived by his wife: Sandra; brother: Henry and his wife Marion; sisters: Claudia and Lisa; stepfather: Kenneth and his wife Patricia; uncle Frederic and his son Frederic, son Ronald and his wife Michele, grandchildren: Olivia and Aaron and nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his brother, Frederic.
There will be no public viewing. Private funeral arrangements will be arranged at the convenience of the family.