- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
Richard A. Hartman
71, insurance agent and realtor,
Lancaster Liederkranz member
Richard A. Hartman, 71, of Lititz, passed away Thursday, Oct. 31, at Lancaster General Health.
Born in Reading, he was the son of the late Dr. Henry R. Hartman and Gladys Rottmund Matz. He was a graduate of McCaskey High School and Franklin & Marshall College.
He was general manager of the former Gladell Shops in Elizabethtown, Middletown and Lititz and worked as an insurance agent and realtor. He was a member of St. Peter’s Lutheran Church in Lancaster and the Lancaster Liederkranz, where he sang in the chorus and Hobby Chor. He enjoyed reading and playing the piano.
He is survived by his wife: Sandra; brother: Henry and his wife Marion; sisters: Claudia and Lisa; stepfather: Kenneth and his wife Patricia; uncle Frederic and his son Frederic, son Ronald and his wife Michele, grandchildren: Olivia and Aaron and nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his brother, Frederic.
There will be no public viewing. Private funeral arrangements will be arranged at the convenience of the family.