- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Richard A. Hartman
71, insurance agent and realtor,
Lancaster Liederkranz member
Richard A. Hartman, 71, of Lititz, passed away Thursday, Oct. 31, at Lancaster General Health.
Born in Reading, he was the son of the late Dr. Henry R. Hartman and Gladys Rottmund Matz. He was a graduate of McCaskey High School and Franklin & Marshall College.
He was general manager of the former Gladell Shops in Elizabethtown, Middletown and Lititz and worked as an insurance agent and realtor. He was a member of St. Peter’s Lutheran Church in Lancaster and the Lancaster Liederkranz, where he sang in the chorus and Hobby Chor. He enjoyed reading and playing the piano.
He is survived by his wife: Sandra; brother: Henry and his wife Marion; sisters: Claudia and Lisa; stepfather: Kenneth and his wife Patricia; uncle Frederic and his son Frederic, son Ronald and his wife Michele, grandchildren: Olivia and Aaron and nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his brother, Frederic.
There will be no public viewing. Private funeral arrangements will be arranged at the convenience of the family.