- Taste of the Town – March 5, 2014 Edition
- Slideshow – Snowstorm Pax
- 1944: Ralph Spacht donates Advertisements from 1944 building for community center
- Showcase of Homes
- Record Express undergoes most significant redesign in more than 75 years
- This ice is nice
- Crepes Recipe from the Sugar Arts Institute
- Snowy weather leads to accident
- Fire Co. needs help clearing hydrants
Rhoda E. Kilheffer
85, owned catering business
Rhoda E. Kilheffer, 85, of East Hempfield Township, died Tuesday, June 25, 2013 surrounded by her family following a stroke at Hospice and Community Care in Lancaster.
Her brothers, Harold and Glenn Esbenshade, live in Lititz.
Born in Manheim Township, she was the daughter of the late H. Clay and Ruth Yocum Esbenshade. A homemaker, she was the loving wife of Willis A. Kilheffer and they would have celebrated their 64th wedding anniversary in July of this year.
Rhoda was a faithful and active member of the East Petersburg Mennonite Church and was involved with the sewing circle and Sunday school class. For many years she helped her husband on the family farm. She volunteered for the East Petersburg Fire Company Auxiliary. She enjoyed gardening, cooking, and entertaining her friends. For 25 years, she operated an in-home catering business called Rhoda’s Place.
Surviving in addition to her husband, are two sons: James L., husband of Martha Peifer Kilheffer; Gerald L., husband of Sylvia M. Hess Kilheffer, all of Manheim; two daughters: Dolly, wife of Curtis Martin of Palmyra; Donna L., wife of Mervin Hershey of New Holland; 14 grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; four brothers: Harold, husband of Ruby Esbenshade; Glenn, husband of Rachael Esbenshade, all of Lititz; Carl, husband of Bonnie Esbenshade of Neffsville; and Kenneth, husband of Betty Esbenshade of Raleigh, N.C.
The family would like to thank Hospice and Community Care for the kindness shown by the staff toward Rhoda and the family during her illness.
Relatives and friends attended her funeral at the East Petersburg Mennonite Church June 29. Interment was in the adjoining church cemetery.