Rev. Charles W. Sine 95, WW II veteran, devoted pastor

By on March 6, 2013

Rev. Charles W. Sine, 95, of Manheim, formerly of Telford, Dublin and Perkasie, entered into the presence of His Savior, Jesus Christ, Monday, Feb. 25 at the Pleasant View Rehabilitation, Manheim.

He was the beloved husband of Trudi (Sommer) Sine for 37 years and the late Harriet (Heavener) Sine.

Born in Perkasie, he was the son of the late William R. and Carrie (Benner) Sine.

A 1936 graduate of Sell-Perk High School, Charles later took courses at Taylor Business School, Philadelphia, and attended evening school at Philadelphia School of the Bible.

He was a U.S. Army Air Force veteran of World War II, having served as a sergeant in the Signal Corps from 1941 to 1945.

Charles and his first wife, Harriet, graduated in 1949 from the Moody Bible Institute of Chicago with a degree from the Pastors Course. In the years to follow, Charles would pastor churches in Traverse City, Mich.; Cleveland and Swanton, Ohio; and North Hills.

Following their 1975 marriage, Rev. Sine and Trudi were engaged in an itinerant ministry of chalk art and music until 2004.

Charles and Trudi were long-time members of Calvary Church, Souderton.

In addition to his wife, Charles is survived by his five children: Heather Hegedus and her husband, David, of Manheim; Hedy Eckel and her husband, Paul, of Greenville, S.C.; David Sine and his wife, Gina, of Langhorne; Daniel Sine, of Telford; Spring Sine, of Ephrata; 14 grandchildren; eight great grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews.

In addition to his first wife, he was preceded in death by a sister: Ethel Weisel; three brothers: Joseph D., William R. Jr., and George H. Sine; and two daughters-in-law: Lena Sine and Susan Sine.

A Celebration of life service was held March 4 at Calvary Church, Souderton. Burial with full military honors followed in Whitemarsh Memorial Park, Prospectville.

In lieu of flowers, memorial donations in Rev. Sine’s name may be made to the Calvary Church Benevolence Fund at Calvary Church, 820 Rte. 113, Souderton, PA 18964.