- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Raymond J. Michael Jr.78, Michael’s TV owner, Auction employee
Raymond J. Michael Jr., 78, of Lititz, passed away Sunday, May 13, 2012 at Heart of Lancaster Regional Medical Center, Lititz.
Born in Lititz, he was the son of the late Raymond J. Sr. and Mary Light Michael. He was the loving husband of Janet Garman Summy Michael and they celebrated their 54th wedding anniversary in December of last year.
Raymond graduated from Warwick High School in 1952. He was the owner and operator of the former Michael’s TV and Appliances, Lititz. In his later years, he sold cars and worked at the Manheim Auto Auction. Raymond was a former member of St. Luke’s United Church of Christ, Lititz. He enjoyed the outdoors, camping and gardening. Raymond loved fixing things and doing general maintenance around his home.
Surviving in addition to his wife is a daughter: Robbin Ann, wife of D. David Martin, of Manheim; a son: Raymond J. III, husband of Peggy Michael, of Richmond Hill, Ga.; 22 grandchildren: Melissa, Joshua, Laura, Carla, Abigail, Suzanna, Naomi, Ramona, Caleb, Noah, Samuel, Sarah, Elijah, Isaac, EJ, Heather, Hannah, Victoria, Rebekah, Peggy, James and Katie; 13 great- grandchildren; two brothers: Paul, husband of Evelyn Michael, of Brownstown; Richard, husband of Sue Michael, of Lancaster; and a sister: Joan Hess, of Ephrata.
Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend his funeral service at Manheim Mennonite Church, 201 W. High St., Manheim, on May 18 at 11 a.m. Interment will take place in Longenecker’s Brethren Cemetery, Warwick Township.
Kindly omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Raymond’s memory to American Diabetes Association, 3544 N. Progress Ave., Suite 101, Harrisburg, PA 17110.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.