- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Raymond J. McCarthy84, Brunnerville fire police member, nuclear control operator
Raymond J. McCarthy, 84, of Lititz, formerly of Pitman, N.J., entered into his eternal rest Saturday, July 14, 2012.
He was the loving husband of Gloria Regan McCarthy, and they celebrated 59 years of marriage in October of 2011.
Born in Jersey City, N.J., Raymond graduated from Dickenson High School and earned his Nuclear Certification, Gold Seal License. He was employed as a control operator at a nuclear power plant with the New Jersey utilities. He proudly served in the U.S. Navy. He was a member of St. James Catholic Church, a volunteer driver with Meals on Wheels, a member of the Brunnerville Fire Police for over 20 years, and a football coach for midget football in New Jersey. He also enjoyed golfing, antiques and refinishing furniture in his spare time.
Surviving in addition to his wife are three children: Randall, husband of Sue McCarthy, of Lititz; Sharon, wife of Bill Ceravolo, of Wenonah, N.J.; and Ray McCarthy, Port St. Lucie, of Florida; two sisters: Mary Tweedie and Helen Maguire; three grandsons: Robert McCarthy, Dan (Maria) Ceravolo and James Ceravolo, all of New Jersey; and three great- grandchildren.
His brother: John McCarthy, preceded him in death.
A mass of Christian burial was held on July 18 from St. James Catholic Church, Lititz. Final commendation and farewell followed at Indiantown Gap National Cemetery, Annville.
Kindly omit flowers. If desired, memorial contributions may be made in Raymond’s memory to Hospice of Lancaster County.
For more information, visit lifecelebration.com.