- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Raymond A. Herr
81, volunteer fire policeman,
Raymond A. Herr, 81, of Manheim died Friday, Sept. 20, 2013 at Audubon Villa in Lititz after a brief illness.
Born in Lancaster, he was the son of the late Albert and Viola (Hiltz) Herr. He was a volunteer firefighter for over 30 years before becoming a fire policeman for the Manheim Borough Fire Department (Station 2-6). He was employed by Haddad Shoe Co. and United Plastics Inc. He was also employed as a crossing guard for the Manheim Central School District.
He was the husband of Patricia A. (Smith) Herr. They enjoyed 47 years of marriage. Surviving him are one son: Raymond Peters (Barbara) of Mifflintown; two daughters: Sherry L., wife of Ken Minnich of Brandon, Fla. and Georgie Ann, wife of Raymond G. Lapp Jr. of East Petersburg. Also surviving are 10 grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
He is also survived by one brother: Charles E. Herr of Lancaster and one sister: Dorothy Dougherty of Lancaster. He was preceded in death by a son, one brother and four sisters.
Relatives and friends attended a graveside service honoring Raymond’s life at Riverview Cemetery, Lancaster, Oct. 4 with Rev. Glenn A. Beard Jr. officiating.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in Raymond’s memory may be made to Hospice & Community Care, 685 Good Dr., P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.