- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
Raymond A. Herr
81, volunteer fire policeman,
Raymond A. Herr, 81, of Manheim died Friday, Sept. 20, 2013 at Audubon Villa in Lititz after a brief illness.
Born in Lancaster, he was the son of the late Albert and Viola (Hiltz) Herr. He was a volunteer firefighter for over 30 years before becoming a fire policeman for the Manheim Borough Fire Department (Station 2-6). He was employed by Haddad Shoe Co. and United Plastics Inc. He was also employed as a crossing guard for the Manheim Central School District.
He was the husband of Patricia A. (Smith) Herr. They enjoyed 47 years of marriage. Surviving him are one son: Raymond Peters (Barbara) of Mifflintown; two daughters: Sherry L., wife of Ken Minnich of Brandon, Fla. and Georgie Ann, wife of Raymond G. Lapp Jr. of East Petersburg. Also surviving are 10 grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
He is also survived by one brother: Charles E. Herr of Lancaster and one sister: Dorothy Dougherty of Lancaster. He was preceded in death by a son, one brother and four sisters.
Relatives and friends attended a graveside service honoring Raymond’s life at Riverview Cemetery, Lancaster, Oct. 4 with Rev. Glenn A. Beard Jr. officiating.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in Raymond’s memory may be made to Hospice & Community Care, 685 Good Dr., P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.