- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Ray J. Tribble87, first borough manager, Fuller employee
Ray James Tribble, 87, of Lebanon, formerly of Lititz, died Monday, Aug. 1, 2011 at the Lebanon Veterans Administration Medical Center.
Born in Richmond, Va., he was the son of the late R. J. and Lavinia Ember Tribble. He was the husband of the late Dorothy J. Kopp Tribble, who died in 2008.
Ray worked for the Fuller Company in Manheim for 28 years, was the first borough manager in Manheim from 1960 to 1965 and served on the Manheim Borough Planning Commission from 1965 through 1969. He also served in the U.S. Army Air Corp as a Master Sergeant during World War II. Ray graduated from Manheim Central High School in 1940 and volunteered at the Lebanon Veterans Administration Medical Center for over two years.
Surviving are a son: James E., husband of Babette Weaver Tribble, of Lititz; a daughter: Candace Conrad, of Allentown; three granddaughters; and four great- grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a sister: Olga Helt.
Services will be private and at the convenience of the family. Interment is in Indiantown Gap National Cemetery, Annville. To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.