- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Ray H. Siegrist66, formerly of Penn Township, Country Table manager
Ray Henry Siegrist, age 66, of Lancaster, went home to be with his Lord and savior Tuesday, July 10, 2012.
He was born in Penn Township, the son of the late J. Henry and Nora Pfautz Siegrist. Ray was a member of Crossroads Mennonite Church in Lancaster, where he had served as chairman of church council and treasurer the past years. He was a 1963 graduate of Lancaster Mennonite School. From 1966 until 1982 he lived in the Bronx, N.Y., where he was involved in youth ministry sharing God’s love and compassion. In 1983 he returned to Lancaster County and worked in the restaurant industry using his management skills, most recently at The Country Table Restaurant, Mount Joy. He also volunteered as a mentor at Water Street Ministries in Lancaster.
Ray is survived by three brothers: Wilbur, husband of Rachel Miller Siegrist, of Lititz; Harold, husband of Audrey Yoder Siegrist, of Emory, Texas; and Raymond, husband of Virginia Mummau Siegrist, of Brownsfield, Maine; and two sisters: Naomi, wife of Andrew Miller, of Manheim; and Mary Ann, wife of David Good, of Manheim. Ray will be greatly missed by his siblings and many nieces and nephews who adored their uncle.
Ray was preceded in death by a sister: Lois Siegrist Swiegart; and an infant sister: Twila Jean Siegrist.
His funeral service was held at Erb Mennonite Church, Road, Lititz, on July 16. Interment took place in White Oak Mennonite Cemetery, Penn Township.
In lieu of flowers, those desiring may send contributions in Ray’s memory to Water Street Ministries, P.O. Box 7267, Lancaster, PA 17603.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.