- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Ralph G. Summers91, Armstrong retiree, WWII veteran
Ralph G. Summers, 91, of Manheim, died peacefully at Essa Flory Hospice Center, Lancaster, on Friday, Jan. 13, 2012.
Born in Lancaster, he was the son of the late John A. and Irene V. Suter Summers. He was the loving husband of the late Mae A. Weber Summers who died in February of 2011.
In 1984 Ralph retired from Armstrong World Industries Lancaster plant after working there for over 41 years. Ralph was a member of St. Paul’s United Church of Christ, Manheim. He served in the U.S. Marine Corps in the South Pacific during World War II, where he was the recipient of the Purple Heart and commendation ribbons. Ralph was a member of the Manheim Historical Society, Stiegel Roses Senior Citizens Group of Manheim and also volunteered for Meals on Wheels in the Manheim area. He enjoyed camping, hunting and history and was a member of the See Sun Rise’n Set Camp Club, Ephrata.
Surviving are a son: Kenneth E., husband of Karen A. Summers, and a daughter: Aldine M. "Dennie," wife of Edgar J. Bergeron, all of Manheim; and a grandson: Matthew Bergeron.
Preceding him in death are a grandson: Joseph E. Bergeron; and four brothers: Godfrey, Richard, John and Paul Summers.
His funeral service was held at the Buch Funeral Home, Manheim, on Jan. 17. Interment took place in Hernley Mennonite Cemetery, Rapho Township.
Kindly omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Ralph’s memory to St. Paul’s United Church of Christ Endowment Fund, P.O. Box 129, Manheim, PA 17545.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.