- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
R. Elaine Bailey79, teacher, Rothsville graduate
R. Elaine Bailey, 79 of Manheim, formerly of Rothsville and Willow Street, passed away Thursday, May 24, 2012 at Pleasant View Retirement Community.
She was the wife of Glenn L. Bailey for 57 years.
Born in Rothsville, she was the daughter of the late Charles and Kathryn Graybill Zook.
Elaine was a graduate of Rothsville High School, class of 1950. She was also a graduate of Juniata College, class of 1954, earning her bachelor’s degree in elementary education.
Elaine was a homemaker and an elementary school teacher. She taught second grade at the Ephrata Elementary School and Nathan Schaeffer Elementary School in Manheim Township. She was a member of Grace Church at Willow Valley and West Willow United Methodist Church. She served as choir member and director as well as with the children’s and music ministries at West Willow United Methodist Church. She enjoyed boating, camping and sewing.
Surviving in addition to her husband is a daughter: Jodi L., wife of Nickolai Wells, of Gainesville, Ga.; and a son: Chuck, husband of Brenda Bailey, of Shippensburg; three granddaughters: Laura, wife of Joshua Peterson; Katelyn, wife of Chris Pare’; and Emily Wells; three great-grandchildren; and a sister: Jo Muth, of Manheim.
Her brother: Kenneth Zook preceded her in death.
Private services will be held at Pleasant View Retirement Community in Manheim.
In lieu of flowers any donations may be made to Pleasant View Retirement Community, 544 North Penryn Rd., Manheim, PA 17545.
Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, has been entrusted with the arrangements. To share fondest memories of Elaine, visit lifecelebration.com.