- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
94, Pleasant View resident, worked at Woolworth’s
Petra Viruet, 94, of Manheim, formerly of New York, passed away Monday, June 24, 2013 at Pleasant View Retirement Community in Penn Township.
Born in Junco, Puerto Rico, she was the daughter of the late Serafin and Marcelina (Rodriguez) Olmedo.
Her son, Daniel, resides in Lititz.
She was employed by F.W. Woolworth as an office clerk for over 30 years. She was a true people person and enjoyed life to the fullest. Petra enjoyed listening to music and spending time with her family.
She was of the Catholic faith.
She is survived by her son: Daniel, husband of Mitzi Rodriguez, of Lititz; five grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sons: Manuel Rodriguez, Jr.; and John Rodriguez, husband of Dahlia, of Manhattan, N.Y. Other relatives preceding her in death include Manuel Rodriguez and Philip Viruet.
Viewing and funeral services were held in New York, and interment was in St. Raymond’s Cemetery, Bronx, N.Y. Local arrangements were handled by Charles F. Snyder, Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory.
To send online condolences, please visit snyderfuneralhome.com.