- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Peter G. Royalty89, WWII captain, salesman
Peter G. Royalty, 89, passed away peacefully Friday, July 29, 2011 at the Moravian Manor in Lititz.
Born July 14, 1922 in Lexington, Ky., he was the son of John Paul Royalty and Minnie Wolpert Royalty. He was the husband of Grace "Bootsie" Royalty, with whom he celebrated 66 years of marriage.
Peter was a veteran of World War II and achieved the rank of captain. He was a bombardier-navigator and flew 68 missions, receiving a Purple Heart, Silver Star, DFC, Air Medal with 12 Oak Leaf Clusters and a unit Croix de Guerre. He also served on occupation duty in Korea.
After his discharge from the Air Force, he worked as a salesman of office supplies and received several salesman of the year awards. After retirement to Pennsylvania in 1980, he also worked as a tour guide for Brunswick Tours. Retirement also gave him the time to pursue his favorite pastimes — fishing and playing bridge.
Besides his wife, he is survived by his only daughter: Andrea R. Johnson; and his son-in-law: Fred Johnson, of Carmel, N.Y.
He was preceded in death by two sisters and a brother.
A memorial service was held at Wayside Presbyterian Church. Private interment will take place at Conestoga Memorial Park. Memorial donations may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.