- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Peggy Lou Hess 77, nurse at Warwick High School, enjoyed wildflower gardening
Peggy Lou Hess, 77, of Lititz, passed away Tuesday, March 11, 2014, at Luther Acres.
She was born in Ephrata to Margaret (Doster) and the late Frank Eckhart and was the wife of the late James G. Hess who passed away in 2004.
Peggy was a member of the Salem Lutheran Church, Ephrata. She was a 1954 graduate of EphrataHigh School, a graduate of the Jefferson School of Nursing and of MillersvilleUniversity. During her working years, she was a registered nurse at the WarwickHigh School. She was an avid skier and enjoyed fishing, camping and wildflower gardening with her husband.
She is survived by her two daughters: Jean A. Hess, wife of Michael Devereux of Jericho, Vt. and L. Susan, wife of Peter Wright of Severna Park, Md.; and six granddaughters.
Services were held March 17 at SalemLutheranChurch, Ephrata, with Rev. Jeffrey Goodman officiating. A private interment took place in the LincolnCemetery.
Memorial contributions in Peggy’s memory may be made to Parkinson’s Disease Foundation, 1359 Broadway, Suite 1509, New York, NY10018, or to Hospice and Community Care, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA17604-4125.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.