- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Peggy Lou Hess 77, nurse at Warwick High School, enjoyed wildflower gardening
Peggy Lou Hess, 77, of Lititz, passed away Tuesday, March 11, 2014, at Luther Acres.
She was born in Ephrata to Margaret (Doster) and the late Frank Eckhart and was the wife of the late James G. Hess who passed away in 2004.
Peggy was a member of the Salem Lutheran Church, Ephrata. She was a 1954 graduate of EphrataHigh School, a graduate of the Jefferson School of Nursing and of MillersvilleUniversity. During her working years, she was a registered nurse at the WarwickHigh School. She was an avid skier and enjoyed fishing, camping and wildflower gardening with her husband.
She is survived by her two daughters: Jean A. Hess, wife of Michael Devereux of Jericho, Vt. and L. Susan, wife of Peter Wright of Severna Park, Md.; and six granddaughters.
Services were held March 17 at SalemLutheranChurch, Ephrata, with Rev. Jeffrey Goodman officiating. A private interment took place in the LincolnCemetery.
Memorial contributions in Peggy’s memory may be made to Parkinson’s Disease Foundation, 1359 Broadway, Suite 1509, New York, NY10018, or to Hospice and Community Care, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA17604-4125.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.