- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Peggy Joan Hamm 79, Cornell supervisor, photographer, writer
Peggy Joan Hamm, 79, of Lititz, passed away Thursday, March 7, 2013 at her residence.
Born in Fries, Va., she was the daughter of the late Solomon Braxton Hamm and Rita Mae (Melton) Hamm.
Peggy graduated from Bluefield College in Bluefield, Va. and attended Cornell University in Ithaca, N.Y.
She was a secretary supervisor for Cornell University. She enjoyed photography, writing, country music and zoology.
She was a long-time resident of Austin, Texas before coming to live with family in Lititz in her declining years.
Surviving are two sons: John Hash, husband of Theresa, of Germantown, Tenn.; and Charles B. Hash, husband of Christine, of Lititz; eight grandchildren: John Hash III, Christine Hash, David Hash, Alexander Hash, Willem Hash, Samuel Hash, Genevieve Hash and Jesse Hash; a sister: Myrtis Testerman; and a brother: JB Hamm.
A memorial service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, March 23 at the Charles F. Snyder, Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, 3110 Lititz Pike, Lititz, PA 17543. Family and friends will be received from 10 to 10:30 a.m. at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in Peggy’s memory to Hospice & Community Care, 685 Good Drive, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.