- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Peggy Joan Hamm 79, Cornell supervisor, photographer, writer
Peggy Joan Hamm, 79, of Lititz, passed away Thursday, March 7, 2013 at her residence.
Born in Fries, Va., she was the daughter of the late Solomon Braxton Hamm and Rita Mae (Melton) Hamm.
Peggy graduated from Bluefield College in Bluefield, Va. and attended Cornell University in Ithaca, N.Y.
She was a secretary supervisor for Cornell University. She enjoyed photography, writing, country music and zoology.
She was a long-time resident of Austin, Texas before coming to live with family in Lititz in her declining years.
Surviving are two sons: John Hash, husband of Theresa, of Germantown, Tenn.; and Charles B. Hash, husband of Christine, of Lititz; eight grandchildren: John Hash III, Christine Hash, David Hash, Alexander Hash, Willem Hash, Samuel Hash, Genevieve Hash and Jesse Hash; a sister: Myrtis Testerman; and a brother: JB Hamm.
A memorial service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, March 23 at the Charles F. Snyder, Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, 3110 Lititz Pike, Lititz, PA 17543. Family and friends will be received from 10 to 10:30 a.m. at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in Peggy’s memory to Hospice & Community Care, 685 Good Drive, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.