- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Pauline C. Longenecker 99, Penn Township native
Pauline C. Longenecker, 99, formerly of Manheim, passed away Thursday, Jan. 10, 2013 at Meadow View Nursing Center in Berlin.
Born in Penn Township, she was the daughter of the late Harry S. and Mae Jurell Lefever. She was the wife of the late Samuel G. Longenecker, who died in 1998.
Pauline graduated from the former Manheim High School. She was a member of East Fairview Church of the Brethren and Lancaster Farm Women #5.
Surviving are three children: Glen L., husband of Marcia A. March Longenecker of Wrightsville; Nancy L., wife of Larry B. Adams of Meyersdale; Dennis L., husband of Anita Guerney Longenecker of Beach Lake; 12 grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; eight great-great-grandchildren; and a sister: Geraldine, wife of Robert Griffith of Lititz. She was preceded in death by two sons: Jay Carl and Jere L. Longenecker; a granddaughter: Gwen Longenecker Bostic; and three brothers: Donald, Ben and Guy Lefever.
Relatives and family attended her funeral at Buch Funeral Home in Manheim Jan. 16 with Pastor Jimm A. Roland officiating. Interment was held at Longenecker’s Brethren Cemetery, Warwick Township. Please omit flowers. Those desiring, may send contributions in Pauline’s memory to Wounded Warrior Project, P.O. Box 758517, Topeka, KS 66675. To send the family on-line condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.