- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Pauline C. Longenecker 99, Penn Township native
Pauline C. Longenecker, 99, formerly of Manheim, passed away Thursday, Jan. 10, 2013 at Meadow View Nursing Center in Berlin.
Born in Penn Township, she was the daughter of the late Harry S. and Mae Jurell Lefever. She was the wife of the late Samuel G. Longenecker, who died in 1998.
Pauline graduated from the former Manheim High School. She was a member of East Fairview Church of the Brethren and Lancaster Farm Women #5.
Surviving are three children: Glen L., husband of Marcia A. March Longenecker of Wrightsville; Nancy L., wife of Larry B. Adams of Meyersdale; Dennis L., husband of Anita Guerney Longenecker of Beach Lake; 12 grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; eight great-great-grandchildren; and a sister: Geraldine, wife of Robert Griffith of Lititz. She was preceded in death by two sons: Jay Carl and Jere L. Longenecker; a granddaughter: Gwen Longenecker Bostic; and three brothers: Donald, Ben and Guy Lefever.
Relatives and family attended her funeral at Buch Funeral Home in Manheim Jan. 16 with Pastor Jimm A. Roland officiating. Interment was held at Longenecker’s Brethren Cemetery, Warwick Township. Please omit flowers. Those desiring, may send contributions in Pauline’s memory to Wounded Warrior Project, P.O. Box 758517, Topeka, KS 66675. To send the family on-line condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.