- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Paul R. Miller, Sr. 89, WWII vet, Associated Wholesalers retiree
He was the husband of Evelyn R. (Bechtold) Miller for 65 years.
Paul retired from Associated Wholesalers, Inc., York & Robesonia, where he was a salesman. Earlier in life, he and Evelyn had owned & operated a grocery store in Lititz.
Born June 20, 1924 in Millersville, he was the son of the late Amos K. and Anna (Hebel) Miller. Paul attended Lancaster First Assembly of God and was a proud U.S. Army Veteran of WWII. Paul had served in the European Theater with General Patton’s Third Army as a Communications Specialist in the 301st Signal Operations Battalion.
Also surviving are four children: Carol A. Meibers, of Cincinnati, Ohio; Carin L., married to Douglas L. Miller, of Lititz; Paul R., married to Donna M. (Hysong) Miller, Jr. of Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas and Wendle G. married to Brenda K. (Halstead) Miller, of Manheim; five grandchildren; five great-grandchildren and one sister: Nancy Sneath Horner of Millersville. He was preceded in death by three siblings: Wilbur H. “Bill” Miller, Grace L. Evans and Betty A. Good.
A private committal service will be held at the convenience of the family in the Indiantown Gap National Cemetery, Annville, with full military honors. Kindly omit flowers. Memorial Remembrances can be made in Paul’s memory to Hospice & Community Care, hospiceandcommunitycare.
To send an on-line condolence, visit scheidfuneralhome.com.