- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Paul R. Miller, Sr. 89, WWII vet, Associated Wholesalers retiree
He was the husband of Evelyn R. (Bechtold) Miller for 65 years.
Paul retired from Associated Wholesalers, Inc., York & Robesonia, where he was a salesman. Earlier in life, he and Evelyn had owned & operated a grocery store in Lititz.
Born June 20, 1924 in Millersville, he was the son of the late Amos K. and Anna (Hebel) Miller. Paul attended Lancaster First Assembly of God and was a proud U.S. Army Veteran of WWII. Paul had served in the European Theater with General Patton’s Third Army as a Communications Specialist in the 301st Signal Operations Battalion.
Also surviving are four children: Carol A. Meibers, of Cincinnati, Ohio; Carin L., married to Douglas L. Miller, of Lititz; Paul R., married to Donna M. (Hysong) Miller, Jr. of Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas and Wendle G. married to Brenda K. (Halstead) Miller, of Manheim; five grandchildren; five great-grandchildren and one sister: Nancy Sneath Horner of Millersville. He was preceded in death by three siblings: Wilbur H. “Bill” Miller, Grace L. Evans and Betty A. Good.
A private committal service will be held at the convenience of the family in the Indiantown Gap National Cemetery, Annville, with full military honors. Kindly omit flowers. Memorial Remembrances can be made in Paul’s memory to Hospice & Community Care, hospiceandcommunitycare.
To send an on-line condolence, visit scheidfuneralhome.com.