- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Paul P. Vollmar88, WWII pilot, Vamco executive, mayor
Paul Philip Vollmar died Tuesday, Dec. 24, 2011 at age 88.
Recently of Moravian Manor and long-time resident of Lancaster, he was born in Philadelphia to the late Verna (Spanninger) and Charles Edward Vollmar.
Vollmar served in the Navy as a Corsair pilot in the Pacific during World War II. His subsequent career was as an executive in manufacturing and engineering for his own company, Vamco, then with Proctor Silex and Woodstream. During his years in Delanco, N.J., he served on the town council and as mayor. His service organizations included Rotary International and several manufacturing organizations. He was very active in his church, St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, for many years.
Mr. Vollmar is survived by his wife of 65 years: Doris (Moloney); sons: Paul, husband of Jody; Dennis, husband of Debbie; Don and Charles; a grandchild; and a great-grandchild.
His brother: Charles; and sister: Lillian, predeceased him.
A memorial service was held at Moravian Manor, Lititz, on Jan. 7. In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to the Health Ministries of Christ Church, 124 S. 13th Street, Harrisburg, PA 17104.