- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Paul P. Vollmar88, WWII pilot, Vamco executive, mayor
Paul Philip Vollmar died Tuesday, Dec. 24, 2011 at age 88.
Recently of Moravian Manor and long-time resident of Lancaster, he was born in Philadelphia to the late Verna (Spanninger) and Charles Edward Vollmar.
Vollmar served in the Navy as a Corsair pilot in the Pacific during World War II. His subsequent career was as an executive in manufacturing and engineering for his own company, Vamco, then with Proctor Silex and Woodstream. During his years in Delanco, N.J., he served on the town council and as mayor. His service organizations included Rotary International and several manufacturing organizations. He was very active in his church, St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, for many years.
Mr. Vollmar is survived by his wife of 65 years: Doris (Moloney); sons: Paul, husband of Jody; Dennis, husband of Debbie; Don and Charles; a grandchild; and a great-grandchild.
His brother: Charles; and sister: Lillian, predeceased him.
A memorial service was held at Moravian Manor, Lititz, on Jan. 7. In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to the Health Ministries of Christ Church, 124 S. 13th Street, Harrisburg, PA 17104.