- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Paul P. Vollmar88, WWII pilot, Vamco executive, mayor
Paul Philip Vollmar died Tuesday, Dec. 24, 2011 at age 88.
Recently of Moravian Manor and long-time resident of Lancaster, he was born in Philadelphia to the late Verna (Spanninger) and Charles Edward Vollmar.
Vollmar served in the Navy as a Corsair pilot in the Pacific during World War II. His subsequent career was as an executive in manufacturing and engineering for his own company, Vamco, then with Proctor Silex and Woodstream. During his years in Delanco, N.J., he served on the town council and as mayor. His service organizations included Rotary International and several manufacturing organizations. He was very active in his church, St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, for many years.
Mr. Vollmar is survived by his wife of 65 years: Doris (Moloney); sons: Paul, husband of Jody; Dennis, husband of Debbie; Don and Charles; a grandchild; and a great-grandchild.
His brother: Charles; and sister: Lillian, predeceased him.
A memorial service was held at Moravian Manor, Lititz, on Jan. 7. In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to the Health Ministries of Christ Church, 124 S. 13th Street, Harrisburg, PA 17104.