- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Paul L. Gockley61, Navy veteran, Case New Holland retiree
Paul L. Gockley, 61, of Lititz, passed away Sunday, Dec. 18, 2011 at Hospice of Lancaster County in Mt. Joy.
He was the husband of Connie L. (Gearhart) Gockley.
Born in Ephrata, Paul was the son of Mary E. (Shank) Gockley and the late Eugene M. Gockley.
He served in the U.S. Navy from February 1968 to December 1971 and worked at Case New Holland until his retirement in 2005. In his free time, Paul enjoyed hunting.
In addition to his wife and mother, he is survived by three sons: Daniel L., husband of Emily Gockley, of Fairmount, W.Va.; Christopher E., husband of Wendi Gockley, of Damascus, Md.; and Scot L., husband of Rachel Gockley, of East Earl; five grandchildren; three brothers: Glenn D., husband of Polly Gockley; Carl, husband of Benet Gockley; and Lynn, husband of Sharon Gockley; and two sisters: Doris, wife of Jason Pierce; and Kay, wife of Jim Moyer.
In addition to his father, Paul was preceded in death by his first wife: Susan M. (Libby) Gockley; and his brother: Daryll Gockley.
Memorial services will be held at Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals, 100 W. Main St., Ephrata, on Dec. 22 at 11 a.m. Interment will be in Terre Hill Cemetery.
Donations in Paul’s memory may be directed to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To offer condolences, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.