- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Paul L. Brandt87, minister for 60 years, door-to-door salesman
Paul L. Brandt, age 87, of Akron, passed away Saturday, June 2, 2012 at the United Zion Retirement Community, Lititz.
He was the husband of the late Elva Mae Lehman Brandt, who passed away on June 23, 2002. He was born in Deodate, son of the late Aaron and Ada Lesher Brandt.
He was a member of the Lebanon United Zion Church. Paul was a minister for 60 years in the United Zion denomination. In the past he had worked for the former Miller-Hess Shoe Factory of Akron, H.M. Stauffer & Sons of Leola and for the last 30 years he was a door-to-door salesman.
Surviving are two daughters: Doris M., wife of Merle D. Stoltzfus, of Lititz; and Jane L., wife of Edward N. Meyers, of Hummelstown; eight grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; three siblings: Elsie Snavely, of Manheim; Roy husband of Kathleen Lefever Brandt, of Lancaster; and Harold, husband of Martha Hoover Brandt, of Elizabethtown.
He was preceded in death by a sister Lillian Kreider.
The funeral service took place from the Elizabethtown United Zion Church on June 6. Interment took place in the Pleasant View Mennonite Cemetery of Manheim.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the UZRC Good Samaritan Fund, 722 Furnace Hills Pike, Lititz, PA 17543.
Arrangements were made by the Shivery Funeral Home Inc., Christiana & Paradise. For more information, visit shiveryfuneralhome.com.