- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
Paul J. Golias 90, Marine airplane mechanic, Lancaster EF Church member
Paul James Golias, 90, of Ephrata, passed away at his residence Saturday, Aug. 25, 2012. Born in Waterford, he was the son of the late John J. and Judith Gluch Golias. He was married for 67 years to Madeline Pinterich Golias.
He was an airplane mechanic in the U.S. Marine Corps in the Pacific Theater during World War II and also served during the Korean War. Paul was a member of the Lancaster Evangelical Free Church of Lititz and was active with the Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts, was a stamp collector and a handy man. An inventor, he worked as an inspector for Exxon in Bayway, N.J., prior to his retirement.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by his children: Cynthia K., wife of Jon Balson, of Brownstown; David P., husband of Julie Golias, of Mounds View, Minn.; and Judith A., wife of Dwayne Muller, of Somerset, N.J.; seven grandchildren, and five great- grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by eight siblings.
Memorial services will be held at a later date in November. Burial will be in Indiantown Gap National Cemetery. Contributions may be made in his memory to the Lancaster Evangelical Free Church, 419 Pierson Road, Lititz, PA 17543 or to Transport for Christ, International, P.O. Box 117, Marietta, PA 17547-0117.
To send online condolences, visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.