- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Paul C. Herr70, artist, 1959 Warwick grad
Paul C. Herr
Paul C. Herr, 70, of Lititz, passed away at the Ephrata Hospital Tuesday, Aug. 23, 2011.
He was the husband of Saundra P. DePrince Herr, with whom he shared 33 years of marriage this past Aug. 18. Born in Harrisburg, he was the son of the late Robert D. and Edythe Chester Herr.
An accomplished professional artist for the past 20 years, Paul painted in oil and watercolors, having a gallery at his residence. Self-taught, he painted portraits, still-life and landscapes. Prior to his painting career, he worked in many facets of the real estate business.
He was a member of St. James Catholic Church of Lititz. Paul also enjoyed fishing, sports, classical music and writing poetry. He was a 1959 graduate of Warwick Senior High School.
In addition to his wife, Paul is survived by his children: Daniel R., husband of Stephanie Herr, of Camp Hill; Pamela S., wife of the late Kevin L. Rogers, of Palmyra; and Julie A., wife of John Thomas "JT" Bried, of Morehead City, N.C.; his stepdaughter: Kristen K., wife of Kenneth E. Williamson, of East Berlin; his 10 grandchildren: Lindsay, Trevor, Nathan, Micah, Faith, Luke, Johnny, Jordon, Zach and Victoria; his brother: Robert D., husband of Betsy Herr, of Lititz; his two nieces: Tammy Jo Herr Yecker and Toni Herr Vaitl; and by his beloved Jack Russell Terrier: Kimba.
Friends are respectfully invited to attend Paul’s memorial service on Sept. 3 at 11 a.m. at the Charles F. Snyder Jr. Funeral Home and Crematory, 3110 Lititz Pike, Lititz, with the Rev. James O’Blaney officiating.
In lieu of flowers, make contributions in Paul’s memory to Hospice of Lancaster County, 685 Good Drive, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125 or hospiceoflancaster.org.
To send an online condolence, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.