- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Patricia Van Marter 80, Susquehanna Bank retiree
Patricia (Condon) Van Marter, 80, passed away unexpectedly Monday, Dec. 31, 2012 at Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in Jamesville, N.Y., she was the wife of the late Joseph John Van Marter, Sr., who passed away in 1992. She was the daughter of the late Charles and Helen (Pontin) Condon.
She and her husband moved to Lititz from Syracuse in 1969. Patricia worked for a number of years as a teller and commercial loan officer for Susquehanna Bank until her retirement in 1997. She then worked part-time as a bookkeeper for St. James Catholic Church, where she was a member and a Eucharistic Minister, until her death.
She loved her volunteer work and helping others, volunteering at St. James Catholic Church kitchen, the Warwick Community Ambulance Association, for Meals on Wheels and serving as a den mother for 10 years for Pack #44. She was a member of Silver Liners, having served as past president.
Patricia is survived by four sons Matthew Van Marter, husband of Teresa of Jupiter, Fla.; Stephen, married to Tracey of Lititz; Joseph J. Jr., fiancÃ© of Kathleen M. Burke of Talmage; and Thomas, married to Jody of Lititz; eight grandchildren: Amanda Zepp, Kristen Klopp, Brittney Duvall, Samantha Fisher, and T.J., Brendan, Connor, and Keira Van Marter; five great-grandchildren; and one sister, Kathy Gendron.
She was preceded in death by two sisters: Eleanor Bryerton and Jeannie Condon; and a brother, Charles Condon.
A Mass of Christian Burial was held Jan. 5 at at St. James Catholic Church, Lititz, with Rev. James J. O’Blaney, C.s.R. as Celebrant. Burial will be in St. Joseph New Catholic Cemetery, Lancaster. Please omit flowers. Memorial contributions in Patricia’s memory may be made to St. James Catholic Church at the above address.
To place a condolence online, please visit SnyderFuneralHome.com
Arrangements entrusted to Charles F. Snyder, Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz.