- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Pat Maz, 77, Denver, Celanese Corp. retiree
Pat Maz, 77, of Denver, passed away Friday, June 7, 2013 at Essa Flory Hospice Center in Lancaster.
She was the wife of Albert Maz, and daughter of the late Stephen E. and Catherin Karris.
Pat (Kathryn Karris) was born in McKeesport Jan. 28, 1936 and grew up in Linden, N.J. She was a member of Linden High School class of 1954.
She was married to Albert on Sept. 28, 1957 in Linden, N.J. and moved to Warren Township, N.J. in 1967.
Pat was employed at the Hoechst Celanese Corp. as manager of the credit union and then regional sales coordinator of the plastics division before retiring in 1990.
Pat and Al moved to Savannah, Ga. in 1990 and lived at The Landings on Skidaway Island. After 10 years, they moved to Denver.
Pat was a communicant at Our Mother of Perpetual Help Church in Ephrata and a member of the Ladies Auxiliary of the Knights of Columbus.
In addition to Albert, her husband of 56 years, Pat is survived by a daughter: Kathryn Maz (Martino) and spouse Nicholas Martino; two sons: Chester Maz and his wife Colleen; and Mark Maz and his wife Paige; a sister: Margaret Zwahlen of Monroeville; and seven grandchildren: Talia and Danica Martino, Lily and Chester Maz, Jr.; and Rebecca (Becky), Cassandra (Cassie) and Cindy, children of Mark and Paige.
Pat’s memorial mass will be celebrated at Our Mother of Perpetual Help Church, 320 Church Ave., Ephrata, at 10:30 a.m. June 29.
Donations in Pat’s memory may be directed to Carmelite Monastery 11 West Back Rd., Savannah, GA 31419.
To offer your condolences visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.