- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
Noah E. Obetz82, WWII and Korea veteran
Noah E. Obetz, 82, of Manheim, died Thursday, Dec. 15, 2011 at the Essa Flory Hospice Center, Lancaster.
He was the husband of the late Irene J. (White) Obetz, who died in 2010. Born in Lavelle, he was the son of the late Lawrence and Mazie (Snyder) Obetz.
A veteran of World War II and the Korean Conflict, Noah proudly served with the U.S. Army. He retired from Kerr Glass in 1986, after 47 years of service.
Surviving are a daughter: Jane Brown, of Lancaster; a son: Gerald Shank, of Mount Wolf; four grandchildren: Heather, Jason, Ryan and Kyle; four brothers: Lawrence, Harvey, Leonard and Ronald; and three sisters: Bernice, Rhoda and Rita.
He was preceded in death by a daughter: Nora Helm.
Private graveside services will be in the Millersville Mennonite Cemetery. To submit an online condolence, visit scheidfuneralhome.com.