- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
Noah E. Obetz82, WWII and Korea veteran
Noah E. Obetz, 82, of Manheim, died Thursday, Dec. 15, 2011 at the Essa Flory Hospice Center, Lancaster.
He was the husband of the late Irene J. (White) Obetz, who died in 2010. Born in Lavelle, he was the son of the late Lawrence and Mazie (Snyder) Obetz.
A veteran of World War II and the Korean Conflict, Noah proudly served with the U.S. Army. He retired from Kerr Glass in 1986, after 47 years of service.
Surviving are a daughter: Jane Brown, of Lancaster; a son: Gerald Shank, of Mount Wolf; four grandchildren: Heather, Jason, Ryan and Kyle; four brothers: Lawrence, Harvey, Leonard and Ronald; and three sisters: Bernice, Rhoda and Rita.
He was preceded in death by a daughter: Nora Helm.
Private graveside services will be in the Millersville Mennonite Cemetery. To submit an online condolence, visit scheidfuneralhome.com.