- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Noah E. Obetz82, WWII and Korea veteran
Noah E. Obetz, 82, of Manheim, died Thursday, Dec. 15, 2011 at the Essa Flory Hospice Center, Lancaster.
He was the husband of the late Irene J. (White) Obetz, who died in 2010. Born in Lavelle, he was the son of the late Lawrence and Mazie (Snyder) Obetz.
A veteran of World War II and the Korean Conflict, Noah proudly served with the U.S. Army. He retired from Kerr Glass in 1986, after 47 years of service.
Surviving are a daughter: Jane Brown, of Lancaster; a son: Gerald Shank, of Mount Wolf; four grandchildren: Heather, Jason, Ryan and Kyle; four brothers: Lawrence, Harvey, Leonard and Ronald; and three sisters: Bernice, Rhoda and Rita.
He was preceded in death by a daughter: Nora Helm.
Private graveside services will be in the Millersville Mennonite Cemetery. To submit an online condolence, visit scheidfuneralhome.com.