- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Memorial Day Parade
Noah E. Obetz82, WWII and Korea veteran
Noah E. Obetz, 82, of Manheim, died Thursday, Dec. 15, 2011 at the Essa Flory Hospice Center, Lancaster.
He was the husband of the late Irene J. (White) Obetz, who died in 2010. Born in Lavelle, he was the son of the late Lawrence and Mazie (Snyder) Obetz.
A veteran of World War II and the Korean Conflict, Noah proudly served with the U.S. Army. He retired from Kerr Glass in 1986, after 47 years of service.
Surviving are a daughter: Jane Brown, of Lancaster; a son: Gerald Shank, of Mount Wolf; four grandchildren: Heather, Jason, Ryan and Kyle; four brothers: Lawrence, Harvey, Leonard and Ronald; and three sisters: Bernice, Rhoda and Rita.
He was preceded in death by a daughter: Nora Helm.
Private graveside services will be in the Millersville Mennonite Cemetery. To submit an online condolence, visit scheidfuneralhome.com.