- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Nevin H. Vogel87, WWII veteran, RCA retiree
Nevin H. Vogel
Nevin H. Vogel, 87, formerly of Manheim, passed away Thursday, July 21, 2011 at Manor Care Health Services, Elizabethtown.
Born in Manheim, he was the son of the late Anna Lehn Mateer.
Nevin worked at the former RCA, Lancaster, and he proudly served in the United States Marine Corps during World War II. He was a member of Trinity Evangelical Congregational Church, Manheim. Nevin was also a lifetime member of the Lititz VFW Post 1463 and Mount Joy American Legion Post 185. His interests included traveling and photography, and he loved to spend time with his family.
Surviving are two sons: Stephen Vogel, of Concord, Calif.; and David, husband of Debra Vogel, of Manheim; a daughter, Gail, wife of Randy Loeb, of Spartanburg, S.C.; two grandchildren: Dustin Vogel, of Lancaster; and Dacia Vogel, of Manheim; one great-grandson: Ashton; and a step- brother, Timothy, husband of Bonnie Mateer of Mount Joy.
He was preceded in death by a son: Ricky Vogel; and his step-father: Emerson Mateer.
The funeral service was held July 26 at the Buch Funeral Home, Manheim. Interment was held in Conestoga Memorial Park, Lancaster. To send the family on-line condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.