- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Nancy B. Riddle 70, first grade teacher, known for her gifts of teddy bears
Nancy B. Riddle, 70, of Lititz, passed away Tuesday, Sept. 18, 2012 at her residence after enduring a terminal disease for the past six years.
She was the wife of James B. Riddle, with whom she shared 48 years of marriage this past Jan. 4. Born in Bethlehem, she was the daughter of the late Stephen J. and Helen Nemeth Boligitz.
Nancy was an outstanding teacher, teaching first grade for 27 years at the Nathan Schaeffer Elementary School in Lancaster. Her students loved her and she made the classroom exciting in her use of teddy bears in her lesson plans. With her students, she would visit local nursing homes during the Christmas season to distribute teddy bears to the residents. She was a 1963 graduate of Millersville University with a BS in Education. Nancy was an avid tennis player, enjoyed knitting, playing bridge, reading and was an antique collector. She also enjoyed traveling, especially to Cape Cod. She was a member of St. John Neumann Catholic Church.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by her son: Michael J. Riddle, of Lancaster; her daughter: Jennifer L., married to Greg Harrington, of Stevens, PA; her three grandchildren: Brianna Hurley, Alexandra N. Harrington and Daniel J. Harrington; and her brother: Stephen Boligitz, of Wind Gap.
A mass of Christian burial was Sept. 22 at St. John Neumann Catholic Church, Lancaster. Interment took place in Conestoga Memorial Park Mausoleum. In lieu of flowers, make contributions in Nancy’s memory to Hospice and Community Care, 685 Good Drive, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To send an online condolence, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.