- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Myrtle R. Doble
93, Rothsville native, RCA technician
Myrtle R. Doble, 93, of Lititz, formerly of Ephrata, passed away Monday, July 29, 2013, at United Zion Retirement Community.
She was born in Rothsville to the late Elroy and Ruth (Myers) Young.
She was a member of the Salem United Methodist Church, Lititz. Myrtle worked as a lab technician for RCA in Lancaster, retiring in 1987. She enjoyed crossword puzzles, traveling, and visiting with family. She was previously active with the Rabbit Hillers senior citizens group and the Rothsville High School alumni.
Myrtle is survived by a son: Frederick D., husband of Linda (Wagner) Sample of Lititz; grandchildren: Sarah H. and Nathan Sample, both of Lititz; great-grandchildren: Anthony, Cailen, Benjamin and Madison; a brother: Clyde, husband of Maxine Young of Ephrata; a sister: Ethel M., wife of Robert Horst of Lancaster; and several nieces and nephews.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, C. Edgar Doble; and her first husband, Leroy Sample; three brothers: Robert E., Harold M. and Earl M. Young; and a sister, Josephine G. Hackman.
A visitation will be held on Friday, Aug. 2 from 9 to 10 a.m. at Salem United Methodist Church, 1744 Rothsville Road, followed by her funeral service at 10 a.m. with the Rev. David Unangst officiating. Interment will take place in the Millport Union Cemetery.