- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Myrtle B Snyder
93, Farmers First retiree, active
church member, volunteer
Myrtle B. Snyder, 93, of Pleasant View Retirement Community, passed away May 14, 2013.
Born in Warwick Township, she was the daughter of the late Paul and Mary Ritter Bushong. She shared 38 years of marriage with the late Guy S. Snyder, who passed away in 1995.
A 1937 graduate of Rothsville High School, Myrtle worked at Farmers First Bank in Lititz for 29 years prior to her retirement in 1984. She was a lifetime member of St. Luke’s United Church of Christ, formerly Reformed Church of Lititz, where she served as a Sunday school teacher, sang in the choir, served on numerous committees and was a deacon. She volunteered for 20 years with Meals on Wheels in Lititz and in the Pleasant View gift shop. Myrtle loved her 12 nieces and nephews and their families, who were all very special to her.
She is survived by her brother: H. Ray Bushong, Manheim; sister: Mary Jane Hartman, Denver, Colo.; and sister-in-law: Alice Snyder, Lititz. She was preceded in death by her brothers: Samuel and Jacob Bushong.
Funeral services were held May 18 at St. Luke’s United Church of Christ, Lititz. Burial was in Old Zion Cemetery, Brickerville. The family wishes for donations in Myrtle’s memory to be made to Meals on Wheels of Lititz, 300 W. Orange St, Lititz, PA 17543 or Pleasant View Endowment Fund, 544 Penryn Rd., Manheim, PA 17545.
To send online condolences to the family, please visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.