- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Myrtle B. Snyder
93, Rothsville High class of ’37
Myrtle B. Snyder, 93, of Pleasant View Retirement Community, passed away May 14, 2013.
Born in Rothsville, she was the daughter of the late Paul and Mary Ritter Bushong. She shared 38 years of marriage with the late Guy S. Snyder, who passed away in 1995.
A 1937 graduate of Rothsville High School, Myrtle worked at Farmers First Bank in Lititz for 29 years prior to her retirement in 1984. She was a lifetime member of St. Luke’s United Church of Christ, formerly Reformed Church of Lititz, where she served as a Sunday school teacher, sang in the choir, served on numerous committees and was a deacon. She volunteered for twenty years with Meals on Wheels in Lititz and in the Pleasant View gift shop. Myrtle loved her twelve nieces and nephews and their families, who were all very special to her.
She is survived by her brother: H. Ray Bushong, Manheim; sister: Mary Jane Hartman, Denver, Colo.; and sister-in-law: Alice Snyder, Lititz.
She was preceded in death by her brothers: Samuel and Jacob Bushong.
Funeral services were held May 18 at St. Luke’s United Church of Christ. Interment followed in Old Zion Cemetery, Brickerville. The family wishes for donations in Myrtle’s memory to be made to Meals on Wheels of Lititz, 300 W. Orange St, Lititz, PA 17543 or Pleasant View Endowment Fund, 544 Penryn Rd., Manheim, PA 17545.
Arrangements entrusted to Richard H. Heisey Funeral Home, Lititz. To send online condolences to the family, visit: richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.