- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Miriam S.K. Smith91, Middle Creek Church member
Miriam S.K. Smith
Miriam Susan Kreider Smith, 91, of Palmyra, died Tuesday June 14, 2011 at Hershey Medical Center.
Born in South Annville Township on Feb. 18, 1920, she was the daughter of the late Jonas and Susan Kettering Kreider. She was the wife of the late Lester Miller Smith, who died in 1993.
Miriam was a farmer’s wife, with her husband operating the family dairy farm in North Cornwall Township. She was a member of Middle Creek Church of the Brethren in Lititz and Farm Women Group #11.
Surviving are three sons: Simon K. Smith, of Palmyra; Lester M. Smith Jr., of Tum Tum, Wash.; Earl R., husband of Marilyn Smith, of Lebanon; two daughters: Susan Jane Smith, of Portland, Ore.; Joyce M., wife of Earl Morris, of Bellmawr, N.J.; 11 grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; and a daughter-in-law: Jane Smith, of Lebanon.
She was preceded in death by a son: Marlin J. Smith; and a daughter: Rose K. Smith; five brothers: Ralph, Isaac, Simon, Caleb and Henry Kreider; and three sisters: Elizabeth Kreider, Mary Kreider and Ruth Fahnestock.
Memorial services were held June 18 at the Lebanon Valley Brethren Home. Interment was held at the convenience of the family.
Contributions may be made to the Heifer Project International, 1 World Ave., Little Rock, AR 72202 in her memory.
To send the family online condolences. visit kreamerfuneralhome.com.