- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Miriam Rissler 71, Martin’s Pretzels baker, Lititz Dunkard Brethren member
Miriam Rissler, 71, of Ephrata, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 28, 2012 at her home.
She was born in Denver to the late Daniel S. and Lizzie M. (Nolt) Rissler.
She was a member of the Lititz Dunkard Brethren Church. Miriam was a baker at Martin’s Pretzels.
Miriam is survived by her siblings: Elsie Bowman, of Lancaster; Menno, husband of Lois Rissler, of Missouri; Vera Rissler, of Virinia; Mahlon, husband of Gloria Rissler, of Virginia; Emma Rissler, of Texas; Edith, wife of Mervin Weaver, of Lebanon; Isaac, husband of Esther Rissler, of Kentucky; and Ada Mae, wife of Ken Zook, of Texas.
In addition to her parents she was preceded in death by five brothers: Melvin Rissler, Aaron Rissler, John Rissler, Dan Rissler and Ray Rissler; and a sister: Lily Kasbaum.
Her funeral service was held Sept. 1 at the Lititz Dunkard Brethren Church with the Pastor Jim Eberly officiating. Interment took place in the adjoining church cemetery.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.