- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
- Lowe’s, Aaron’s Acres team to upgrade Manheim park
- Flying high for fun — for now
- Countdown to Chocolate Walk
Miriam Rissler 71, Martin’s Pretzels baker, Lititz Dunkard Brethren member
Miriam Rissler, 71, of Ephrata, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 28, 2012 at her home.
She was born in Denver to the late Daniel S. and Lizzie M. (Nolt) Rissler.
She was a member of the Lititz Dunkard Brethren Church. Miriam was a baker at Martin’s Pretzels.
Miriam is survived by her siblings: Elsie Bowman, of Lancaster; Menno, husband of Lois Rissler, of Missouri; Vera Rissler, of Virinia; Mahlon, husband of Gloria Rissler, of Virginia; Emma Rissler, of Texas; Edith, wife of Mervin Weaver, of Lebanon; Isaac, husband of Esther Rissler, of Kentucky; and Ada Mae, wife of Ken Zook, of Texas.
In addition to her parents she was preceded in death by five brothers: Melvin Rissler, Aaron Rissler, John Rissler, Dan Rissler and Ray Rissler; and a sister: Lily Kasbaum.
Her funeral service was held Sept. 1 at the Lititz Dunkard Brethren Church with the Pastor Jim Eberly officiating. Interment took place in the adjoining church cemetery.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.