- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Miriam J. Snavely
90, owned Brickerville diner,
Lititz Church of the Brethren member
Miriam J. Snavely, 90, formerly of Lititz, passed away May 13, 2013 at Brethren Village.
Born in Lititz, she was the daughter of the late Ira and Edith Forney Longenecker. Her first husband was the late R. Glenn Hershey and she later married the late Earl Snavely.
Miriam was a member of the Lititz Church of the Brethren and a former member of the Rose of Sharon Sunday school class. Earlier in life, she and her first husband, Glenn, owned and operated Glenn’s Diner in Brickerville.
She is survived by her children: Melvin Hershey, husband of Arlene of St. Charles, Minn.; Patricia, wife of Harold Hershey of New Holland; Roger Hershey, husband of Roxanne of State College; step-son: James Snavely of Bloomsburg; step-daughters: Joyce Groff of New Holland and Barbara Weaver of Manheim; nine grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren. Also surviving are her brothers and sisters: Forney Longenecker, husband of the late Kitty of Lititz; Jeanette, wife of Norman Adair of Lititz; Charlotte, wife of Earl Huber of Conestoga; Marlin Longenecker, husband of Marian of Lititz; and a sister-in-law: Helen Longenecker of Mount Joy. Preceding her in death was a brother: Ira and a sister: Mae, wife of the late Richard Hosler.
Funeral services will be held May 23 at 11 a.m. at the Brethren Village Chapel, 3001 Lititz Pike, Lancaster, preceded by a viewing one hour prior to the service. Burial will be in Longenecker Brethren Cemetery.
Contributions in Miriam’s memory may be made to the American Heart Association Of Lancaster, 610 Community Way, Lancaster, PA 17603. To send online condolences to the family, please visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com