- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Minerva C. Smith94, RR Donnelly secretary, Brethren Village resident
Minerva C. Smith, 94, of Lancaster, died Saturday morning, Dec. 10, 2011 at Brethren Village, Lancaster.
Born in Elizabethtown, she was a lifelong Lancaster County resident. She was the daughter of the late Edward J. and Minerva Heisey Coble. She was preceded in death by her husband, James W. Smith.
Minerva graduated from Elizabethtown High School in 1935 and Lancaster Business College. She worked for 36 years in secretarial positions for RR Donnelly & Son. A member of Covenant United Methodist Church, she was active in the church choir, a member of the administration board and was involved in the Sunday school program as a pianist. At one time she served as the organist at the Elizabethtown Church of God. She was a past member of The National Secretaries Association, loved music, needlework, reading and was a member of the Blue Bird Sewing Club.
She is survived by her daughter: Cynthia L. Smith of Lancaster.
Minerva’s funeral service was held on Dec. 14 at Covenant United Methodist Church, Lancaster, with the Rev. Theodore C. Mefferd officiating. Interment took place in Mount Tunnel Cemetery, Elizabethtown.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made in Minerva’s memory to the Dolly Kepner Music Fund, c/o Covenant United Methodist Church, 110 N. Mulberry Street, Lancaster, PA 17603 or to the Endowment Fund at Brethren Village Retirement Community, 3001 Lititz Pike, Lancaster, PA 17606.
Online condolences may be posted at thegroffs.com.