- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Minerva C. Smith94, RR Donnelly secretary, Brethren Village resident
Minerva C. Smith, 94, of Lancaster, died Saturday morning, Dec. 10, 2011 at Brethren Village, Lancaster.
Born in Elizabethtown, she was a lifelong Lancaster County resident. She was the daughter of the late Edward J. and Minerva Heisey Coble. She was preceded in death by her husband, James W. Smith.
Minerva graduated from Elizabethtown High School in 1935 and Lancaster Business College. She worked for 36 years in secretarial positions for RR Donnelly & Son. A member of Covenant United Methodist Church, she was active in the church choir, a member of the administration board and was involved in the Sunday school program as a pianist. At one time she served as the organist at the Elizabethtown Church of God. She was a past member of The National Secretaries Association, loved music, needlework, reading and was a member of the Blue Bird Sewing Club.
She is survived by her daughter: Cynthia L. Smith of Lancaster.
Minerva’s funeral service was held on Dec. 14 at Covenant United Methodist Church, Lancaster, with the Rev. Theodore C. Mefferd officiating. Interment took place in Mount Tunnel Cemetery, Elizabethtown.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made in Minerva’s memory to the Dolly Kepner Music Fund, c/o Covenant United Methodist Church, 110 N. Mulberry Street, Lancaster, PA 17603 or to the Endowment Fund at Brethren Village Retirement Community, 3001 Lititz Pike, Lancaster, PA 17606.
Online condolences may be posted at thegroffs.com.