- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Millie E. McAllister 90, member of Salem UM bell choir
Mildred E. McAllister (Millie), 90, formerly of Manheim Township, passed away peacefully at the home of her daughter in Downington Dec. 26, 2012.
She was born in Coopersburg, Pa., the daughter of the late Edward and Emma Mohr Scholl. Mildred was the widow of her husband of sixty years, John G. McAllister, who passed away in 2008.
Mildred graduated from Springfield H.S. where she excelled in academics, music, and athletics. After high school she studied cosmetology and graduated from the Emerald School of Beauty Culture, Doylestown.
She was a talented homemaker. Mildred and her husband were in the antique business from 1968-2004. She taught fourth grade Sunday school classes, was a member of Homemakers Group, Farm Women, Grange, 4-H Leadership, and Antique Study Groups. Mildred was active in the Salem United Methodist Church and bell choir, Rothsville, after moving to the Lancaster area.
Mildred was a caring and devoted mother and wife. She will be lovingly remembered by her four daughters and their families: Cindie and Art Aubert, Downingtown, Mollie and Mike Harris, Bloomsburg, Marcee and Ron Styer, Lancaster, and Marla and Mike Diltz, Bloomsburg. Mildred is also survived by eleven grandchildren, seven great-grandchildren.
She was also preceded in death by her seven siblings.
Friends may call on Jan. 2, from 12 to 1 p.m., at the Salem United Methodist Church, 1744 Rothsville Road, Lititz, (Rothsville) followed by her funeral service at 1 p.m. Interment will follow at Conestoga Memorial Park, Lancaster.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests contributions be sent to Neighborhood Hospice, 400 E. Marshall St.,West Chester, PA 19380 or the Salem United Methodist Church, 1744 Rothsville Rd., Lititz, PA 17543.
Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata.