- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Mildred P. Huffman92, retired nurse, enjoyed reading
Mildred P. (Shedaker) Huffman, 92, of Lititz, passed away Friday, June 22, 2012 at Hospice of Lancaster County in Mount Joy.
Born Oct. 7, 1919 in Philadelphia, she was a daughter of the late Franklin and Lilian Shedaker. She was preceded in death by her husband, Harry S. Huffman, and her son, Michael Huffman.
Mrs. Huffman retired after many years of service as a registered nurse for St. Joseph Medical Center in Reading. She was an avid reader.
She is survived by her daughter: Lisa B., wife of Ed Heltshe, of Conestoga; her daughter-in-law: Marjorie Huffman, of Lititz; and three grandchildren: Malory Garner and Tyson and Dane Huffman.
She was also preceded in death by seven brothers and sisters.
Services will be private and at the discretion of the family.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Hospice of Lancaster County, 4075 Old Harrisburg Pike, Mount Joy, PA 17552.
The Gundel Funeral Home is helping the family with arrangements. For additional information or to send a condolence, contact the funeral home at 393-1776 or visit gundelfuneralhome.com.