- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Mildred B. Greet, 95, Moravian Manor resident, worked at Staten Island Community College
Mildred B. Greet (nee Xiques), 95, died peacefully Saturday, Aug. 16, at Moravian Manor, Lititz, after a long and fulfilling life.
The daughter of Bertha and Emil Xiques, she was born on Staten Island on July 6, 1919 and married Spencer Roy Greet on May 17, 1942.
A longtime member of the Vanderbilt Avenue Moravian Church and choir, she was a graduate of Curtis High School and was employed as an administrative assistant at Staten Island Community College prior to her retirement in 1978 to Crestwood Village, Whiting, N.J.
She was predeceased by her husband and brothers: Raymond and Emil Xiques; and is survived by a daughter: Gail Greet Hannah, of Cold Spring, N.Y.; two sons: Norman Greet and his wife Valerie of Chester Springs and Stephen Greet and his wife Barbara of Garwood, N.J.; eight grandchildren; and one great-grandchild.
A funeral will be held at New Dorp Moravian Church, Staten Island, N.Y., on Saturday, Aug. 23 at 10 a.m.
In lieu of flowers donations may be made to the Moravian Manor Benevolent Fund, 300 W. Lemon St., Lititz, PA 17543.
The arrangements have been entrusted to Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz. Condolences may be offered at lifecelebration.com.