- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Mildred B. Greet, 95, Moravian Manor resident, worked at Staten Island Community College
Mildred B. Greet (nee Xiques), 95, died peacefully Saturday, Aug. 16, at Moravian Manor, Lititz, after a long and fulfilling life.
The daughter of Bertha and Emil Xiques, she was born on Staten Island on July 6, 1919 and married Spencer Roy Greet on May 17, 1942.
A longtime member of the Vanderbilt Avenue Moravian Church and choir, she was a graduate of Curtis High School and was employed as an administrative assistant at Staten Island Community College prior to her retirement in 1978 to Crestwood Village, Whiting, N.J.
She was predeceased by her husband and brothers: Raymond and Emil Xiques; and is survived by a daughter: Gail Greet Hannah, of Cold Spring, N.Y.; two sons: Norman Greet and his wife Valerie of Chester Springs and Stephen Greet and his wife Barbara of Garwood, N.J.; eight grandchildren; and one great-grandchild.
A funeral will be held at New Dorp Moravian Church, Staten Island, N.Y., on Saturday, Aug. 23 at 10 a.m.
In lieu of flowers donations may be made to the Moravian Manor Benevolent Fund, 300 W. Lemon St., Lititz, PA 17543.
The arrangements have been entrusted to Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz. Condolences may be offered at lifecelebration.com.