- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Mildred A. Weaver 89, Moravian Manor resident, Weaver Industries treasurer
Mildred A. Weaver, 89, of Lititz, passed away Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2012 at Moravian Manor.
She was born in Ephrata to Joseph and Elizabeth (Ruhl) Kline and was the wife of the late Harold S. Weaver, who passed away in 1989.
Mildred supported her husband in the establishment of Weaver Industries in 1954, where she served as treasurer of the company. She was a member of Faith United Evangelical Lutheran Church, Denver, and the Women’s Club of Denver and Eastern Star. Mildred loved to knit, crochet and play card games.
Mildred is survived by a son: John, husband of Yvonne (Moyer) Weaver, of Denver; three grandsons: J.J., husband of Dawn (Kiser) Weaver, of Augusta, Ga.; Jim, husband of Chivonne (Kline) Weaver, of Denver; and Jason Weaver, of Denver; and three great- grandchildren: Jacob, Jenna Kate and CharLee.
Funeral services were held Sept. 29 at the Faith United Evangelical Lutheran Church, Denver, with Rev. Joseph Veres and Robert Cramer officiating. Private interment will take place at the convenience of the family in the Pleasant View Cemetery, Sinking Spring.
Memorial contributions in Mildred’s memory may be made to the Harold S. Weaver Scholarship Fund, c/o Weaver Industries, 425 S. Fourth St., Denver, PA 17517 or Faith United Evangelical Lutheran Church 357 Walnut Street Denver, PA 17517.
Arrangements were made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.