- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Michael R. Mayer, 67, accountant, MCHS grad, avid reader, enjoyed time in mountains
Michael R. “Mike” Mayer, 67, of Lancaster and formerly of Manheim, passed away at home Sunday, June 22, 2014.
Born in Lancaster, he was the son of Helen Fink Mayer of Lititz and the late Oscar Mayer Jr. Mike was the loving husband of Nancy L. Haynes Mayer, and they celebrated their 21st wedding anniversary in April. Retired in 2011,
Mike worked as an accountant for AMP-Tyco, Harrisburg and the former RCA, Lancaster. He graduated from Manheim Central High School in 1964 and Millersville University with a B.S. in Business. Mike was a member of Mid-Atlantic Fiero Club and a former member of the Hubley Club, Lancaster. He loved to spend time with his family, especially in the mountains. He was an avid reader and enjoyed restoring a family MG. Mike also enjoyed traveling to Grand American Races in Daytona and Watkins Glen.
Surviving in addition to his wife and mother are two daughters: Michelle, wife of Mark Shahin of Ambler, Gwen, wife of Timothy Weaver of New Cumberland; stepdaughter: Debra Cappelli, companion of Michael Marchant of Lutz, Fla.; four granddaughters: Arianna, Sophia, Madelyn, Kate; a brother: Larry, husband of June Mayer of Lititz; two sisters: Holly, wife of Lynn Mearig of Lititz, Patty, wife of Jeff Graffius of Reading; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by a brother: Oscar Mayer III.
Services were held June 30 at Buch Funeral Home, Manheim. Interment was in Manheim Fairview Cemetery, Penn Township.
Please omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Mike’s memory to the American Heart Association, 610 Community Way, Lancaster, PA 17603 or Hospice & Community Care, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.