- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Michael J. Ross 67, Vietnam veteran, athlete
Michael "Mike" J. Ross, 67, of Lititz, formerly of Manheim, passed away Thursday, Nov. 29, 2012 at Conestoga View after a lengthy illness.
Born on May 26, 1945 in Sayre, he was the son of the late John Charles Ross and Marian Elizabeth (Holland) Stevens. He was the husband of the late Cheryl M. (Griffith) Ross, who died in 2007.
Mike was a 1963 graduate of Manheim Central and a U.S. Naval Veteran, having serving in the Vietnam War. He was a football and track and field team member during high school, and a member of Lancaster Men’s Rugby for many years. He was of the Catholic faith.
Surviving are his two children, John Ross and Christina Haas; five siblings, Patrick C. Ross, married to Jutta, of Trier, Germany; Lou Ann C. Stevens White, married to Franklin, of Palm Bay, Fla.; Nancy Stevens, of Mansfield Center, Conn.; Jonathan L. Stevens, married to Robin, of Columbia, Md.; and Joan Stevens Rhoades, married to John, of Columbus, N.C.
Mass was celebrated at St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church, Lancaster. Traditional casket burial with military honors will be held in Millport Mennonite Cemetery, Millport, at the convenience of the family. Kindly omit flowers. Memorial remembrances may be made in Mike’s memory to Salk Institute of Biological Studies, a front-runner in dementia research, with which he had a five year bout.
To submit an online condolence, visit scheidfuneralhome.com.