- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Michael D. Shank57, owned pest control business
Michael D. Shank, 57, of Manheim, died unexpectedly Thursday, Nov. 17, 2011 at St. James Mercy Hospital, Hornell, N.Y.
Born in Lebanon County, he was the son of the late Lester R. and Meda White Shank. Michael was the husband of Debra Doner Shank, and they celebrated their 21st wedding anniversary in June of this year.
He was owner and operator of Michael D. Shank Pest Control, Manheim. Previously, he worked 25 years at the former Raymark Industries, Manheim, and at the former Cope’s Food Products, Elizabethtown, for five years. Michael graduated from Manheim Central High School in 1972. He was a member of the NRA and various local and regional gun clubs. Michael enjoyed hunting, fishing and target shooting.
Surviving in addition to his wife is a stepdaughter: Rebecca, wife of Anthony Sudbury, of Annville; two step-grandsons: Eric and Nicholas Sudbury; a sister: Janet "Bonnie," wife of Duke Leeper, of Ephrata; two nieces; and two nephews.
He was preceded in death by a brother: Allen Richard Ruhl.
Funeral services are private and at the convenience of the family.
Kindly omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Michael’s memory to Mastersonville Fire Company, 2166 Meadow View Road, Manheim, PA 17545.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.