- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
Michael D. Shank57, owned pest control business
Michael D. Shank, 57, of Manheim, died unexpectedly Thursday, Nov. 17, 2011 at St. James Mercy Hospital, Hornell, N.Y.
Born in Lebanon County, he was the son of the late Lester R. and Meda White Shank. Michael was the husband of Debra Doner Shank, and they celebrated their 21st wedding anniversary in June of this year.
He was owner and operator of Michael D. Shank Pest Control, Manheim. Previously, he worked 25 years at the former Raymark Industries, Manheim, and at the former Cope’s Food Products, Elizabethtown, for five years. Michael graduated from Manheim Central High School in 1972. He was a member of the NRA and various local and regional gun clubs. Michael enjoyed hunting, fishing and target shooting.
Surviving in addition to his wife is a stepdaughter: Rebecca, wife of Anthony Sudbury, of Annville; two step-grandsons: Eric and Nicholas Sudbury; a sister: Janet "Bonnie," wife of Duke Leeper, of Ephrata; two nieces; and two nephews.
He was preceded in death by a brother: Allen Richard Ruhl.
Funeral services are private and at the convenience of the family.
Kindly omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Michael’s memory to Mastersonville Fire Company, 2166 Meadow View Road, Manheim, PA 17545.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.