- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Michael D. Shank57, owned pest control business
Michael D. Shank, 57, of Manheim, died unexpectedly Thursday, Nov. 17, 2011 at St. James Mercy Hospital, Hornell, N.Y.
Born in Lebanon County, he was the son of the late Lester R. and Meda White Shank. Michael was the husband of Debra Doner Shank, and they celebrated their 21st wedding anniversary in June of this year.
He was owner and operator of Michael D. Shank Pest Control, Manheim. Previously, he worked 25 years at the former Raymark Industries, Manheim, and at the former Cope’s Food Products, Elizabethtown, for five years. Michael graduated from Manheim Central High School in 1972. He was a member of the NRA and various local and regional gun clubs. Michael enjoyed hunting, fishing and target shooting.
Surviving in addition to his wife is a stepdaughter: Rebecca, wife of Anthony Sudbury, of Annville; two step-grandsons: Eric and Nicholas Sudbury; a sister: Janet "Bonnie," wife of Duke Leeper, of Ephrata; two nieces; and two nephews.
He was preceded in death by a brother: Allen Richard Ruhl.
Funeral services are private and at the convenience of the family.
Kindly omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Michael’s memory to Mastersonville Fire Company, 2166 Meadow View Road, Manheim, PA 17545.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.