- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Merle V. Ruhl89, retired farmer, church board officer
Merle V. Ruhl, 89, of Elizabethtown, passed away Thursday, Oct. 6, 2011 at Masonic Village, Elizabethtown.
Born in Manheim, he was the son of the late Emerson and Annetta (Alexander) Ruhl. He was the husband of the late Erma Jean (Lehman) Ruhl who died in 1996.
Mr. Ruhl was a farmer all of his life and retired in 1996. He was a member of St. Paul’s United Methodist Church, Elizabethtown, where he served on the board as a trustee, usher and counter. He was also a member of the Elizabethtown Kiwanis. Merle enjoyed hunting small game and deer and always had to have a dog.
He is survived by a son: Wilbur E., husband of Victoria Ruhl, and a daughter: Carole Jean, wife of John Fullerton, all of Elizabethtown; four grandchildren: Sue, wife of Glenn Scott; Philip, husband of Sharon Fullerton; Pam, wife of Pastor Michael Farren: and Terry Ruhl; nine great-grandchildren; and two sisters: Mary Ann Ruhl and Ruth Witman.
Merle was preceded in death by a sister: Miriam Ruhl.
A funeral service was held on Oct. 10 at Miller/Sekely Funeral Services, Elizabethtown. Interment took place in Mount Tunnel Cemetery, Elizabethtown.
If desired, contributions may be made to St. Paul’s United Methodist Church, 398 North Locust Street, Elizabethtown, PA 17022.