- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Merle V. Ruhl89, retired farmer, church board officer
Merle V. Ruhl, 89, of Elizabethtown, passed away Thursday, Oct. 6, 2011 at Masonic Village, Elizabethtown.
Born in Manheim, he was the son of the late Emerson and Annetta (Alexander) Ruhl. He was the husband of the late Erma Jean (Lehman) Ruhl who died in 1996.
Mr. Ruhl was a farmer all of his life and retired in 1996. He was a member of St. Paul’s United Methodist Church, Elizabethtown, where he served on the board as a trustee, usher and counter. He was also a member of the Elizabethtown Kiwanis. Merle enjoyed hunting small game and deer and always had to have a dog.
He is survived by a son: Wilbur E., husband of Victoria Ruhl, and a daughter: Carole Jean, wife of John Fullerton, all of Elizabethtown; four grandchildren: Sue, wife of Glenn Scott; Philip, husband of Sharon Fullerton; Pam, wife of Pastor Michael Farren: and Terry Ruhl; nine great-grandchildren; and two sisters: Mary Ann Ruhl and Ruth Witman.
Merle was preceded in death by a sister: Miriam Ruhl.
A funeral service was held on Oct. 10 at Miller/Sekely Funeral Services, Elizabethtown. Interment took place in Mount Tunnel Cemetery, Elizabethtown.
If desired, contributions may be made to St. Paul’s United Methodist Church, 398 North Locust Street, Elizabethtown, PA 17022.