- Taste of the Town – March 5, 2014 Edition
- Slideshow – Snowstorm Pax
- 1944: Ralph Spacht donates Advertisements from 1944 building for community center
- Showcase of Homes
- Record Express undergoes most significant redesign in more than 75 years
- This ice is nice
- Crepes Recipe from the Sugar Arts Institute
- Snowy weather leads to accident
- Fire Co. needs help clearing hydrants
Melvin M. Martin69, resident, enjoyed hunting
Melvin M. Martin, 69, of Lititz, passed away Saturday, June 18, 2011 at Hospice of Lancaster County in Mount Joy.
Born in Brownstown, he was the son of the late Elmer J. and Verna (Musser) Martin. He was the husband of Joanne (Pierce) Martin. They celebrated their 44th wedding anniversary April 22.
Known to many as T-Bird Mel, he was a master storyteller and enjoyed bow hunting in the mountains.
In addition to his wife he is survived by his children: Troy, husband of Jill (Wolf) Martin, of Akron; Wendi, wife of Jeffrey Manning, of Lancaster; and Darin, husband of Prudence (Warren) Martin, of Elizabethtown; five grandchildren: Pierce, Riley, Evan, Elise and Nathan; brothers and sisters: Virginia, Stanley, Marion, Lloyd and Earl; and many nieces and nephews.
Besides his parents he was preceded in death by brothers and sisters: Shelly Martin, Florence Stauffer, Chet Martin, Fred Martin, Vera Shirk and June Martin.
Funeral services were held June 22 at Middle Creek Church of the Brethren with pastors Keith Irvine and Kenneth Eberly officiating. Burial took place in the adjoining church cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Melvin’s memory may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125 Lancaster, PA 17604.
Condolences can be sent to stradlingfuneralhome.com.