- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Melvin M. Martin69, resident, enjoyed hunting
Melvin M. Martin, 69, of Lititz, passed away Saturday, June 18, 2011 at Hospice of Lancaster County in Mount Joy.
Born in Brownstown, he was the son of the late Elmer J. and Verna (Musser) Martin. He was the husband of Joanne (Pierce) Martin. They celebrated their 44th wedding anniversary April 22.
Known to many as T-Bird Mel, he was a master storyteller and enjoyed bow hunting in the mountains.
In addition to his wife he is survived by his children: Troy, husband of Jill (Wolf) Martin, of Akron; Wendi, wife of Jeffrey Manning, of Lancaster; and Darin, husband of Prudence (Warren) Martin, of Elizabethtown; five grandchildren: Pierce, Riley, Evan, Elise and Nathan; brothers and sisters: Virginia, Stanley, Marion, Lloyd and Earl; and many nieces and nephews.
Besides his parents he was preceded in death by brothers and sisters: Shelly Martin, Florence Stauffer, Chet Martin, Fred Martin, Vera Shirk and June Martin.
Funeral services were held June 22 at Middle Creek Church of the Brethren with pastors Keith Irvine and Kenneth Eberly officiating. Burial took place in the adjoining church cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Melvin’s memory may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125 Lancaster, PA 17604.
Condolences can be sent to stradlingfuneralhome.com.