- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Mary Schurr63, Science Press worker, Leeland owner
Mary Elizabeth Schurr, 63, of Ephrata, passed away Tuesday, Jan. 31, 2012 at Landis Homes, Lititz.
She was born in Doylestown to the late John and Anna (Hart) Nonamaker and was the wife of the late William Smith.
Mary was a member of Grace Fellowship Church, Ephrata, an Ephrata Borough Council member for eight years, two of those serving as president. She was a member of the Ephrata Women’s Club, a V.N.A. volunteer for four years. She enjoyed knitting and collecting masks and family gatherings.
Mary worked for Science Press in the Pre Press Area for over 25 years. She also was the office manager for Leeland Slate Roofing for 10 years.
Mary is survived by two sons: James Charles Groff, husband of Melissa Farr, of Lancaster; David John, husband of Toni (Andes) Groff, of Ephrata; stepson: Jim Schurr, of York; two stepdaughters: Audrey Smith and Tina Schurr Tristiano, of Ephrata; three sisters: Patricia, wife of Michael Muth, of Nebraska; Eleanor Nonamaker, of Ephrata; and Susan, wife of Dennis Rowe, of Ephrata; and five grandchildren: Ryan and Nikki Groff, Daniella, Alexis and Lexi Tristiano.
She was preceded in death by her husband: William Smith and a sister: Caroline Nonamaker.
Funeral services were held on Feb. 6 at Grace Fellowship Church, Ephrata, with Pastor Jim Hertzler officiating. Interment will follow in the Bergstrasse Lutheran Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Mary’s memory may be made to Salvation Army, 131 S. Queen St., Lancaster, PA 17501 or Humane League of Lancaster County 2195 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, PA 17602.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.